Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wedding dress, Brides maid dress and Rocket

I have decided to blog on topics that keep my life interesting. Family, my fiance,wedding plans, our puppy, photography, surveys and contest entries- broadening my horizons.
Our new puppy Rocket is now 5 months old and just like parents of a baby we ponder how the time could have passed so quickly.

He is growing into an inquisitive toddler even though he is a good boy, sometimes he just can't help himself.

Daddy seems to think he can do no wrong.

Examples would be when Rocket took daddy's shoes off the heat register, all he said to him was I see you want to keep an eye on my shoes ; that's o.k. just don't move them...K?
Today Rocket got into the magazine stack and daddy commented on his choice of magazine saying that's a good choice Rocket.

Then later he proceeds to tell me that the "Baby" didn't like some of the ads and tore the pages out, with the intention of discarding all the ads that were of No interest to him.
He told Rocket - Take your time enjoy the magazine , "I'll be back to check on you later"

The other day when we went to White Rock for the day we left our small town which we like to call Pleasantville and headed for the big city.
We stopped at Tim Hortons and got ourselves a coffee, and Daddy insisted we get a "TREAT" for the baby.

One Tim bit should be o.k. right??

So we gave it to the puppy in the back seat and he just licked it and it kept rolling back and forth on the seat.

Being the attentive Mommy that I am, I held it in place for him while he gently licked it like a small kitten. He nibbled and licked for what seemed like forever, finally taking a larger bite and then another and the timbit was finally consumed.

I had a sore arm from reaching into the back seat from my front seat.

Our intention was to spend the day in White Rock and Langley collecting my wedding dress and some supplies for our wedding including a brides maids dress for my darling daughter.
So we started with my final fitting for the dress and then promised the wonderful ladies at Bernardis that we would be back in a few hours.

Off we went to our first destination at a store that was recommended for the desired dress - A flapper dress. We found it in a lingerie store it is the cutest sequins and  is pink to boot.
Hunger strikes and we made a quick stop at Arbey's they had a great deal on 2 sandwiches on for $5 I took the deal and Daddy took the meal deal. The first sandwich was enough to fill me after I dipped into the curly fries and had a sip of the root beer from my dear Fiance.
So, I packed up the remaining sandwich and we headed for the truck, tucking the sandwich under the seat for later.

Off we went to the Halloween store that was recommended for the shoes and stockings. find them we did, snafu them up and off to the bridal store for one final fit and pack it up to take home. It has been two months of fittings and very interesting to see the dress from one week to the next. The ladies paid attention to every detail and listened to my wishes trying to make my vision come true. And make it come true they did, they surpassed my expectations I give these ladies 100% for customer service, quality and attention to detail.

I hugged them both a few times and had to hold back the tears of joy, I am going to miss these ladies. If our wedding was not in Ontario, they would be on our guest list with no hesitation.

We stopped by my sister's house on the way home to show her our finds from the day and of course get her approval , being my wedding coach and all.

We got home around 9 p.m after a full day on the road. I reached under the seat for the left over sandwich and all I came up with is FOIL there was no sandwich it was gone!
How could it be gone, where did it go????

ROCKET!!!!!!! - I know he was in the front seat when we got back in the truck after the Halloween store, but we really weren't in the store that long.
How could this be??? Just a few short hours ago he was unable to eat a Tim bit without me holding it in place, and then he took about 5 minutes to eat one tiny teeny little Tim bit.
NOW he had managed to eat the entire sandwich leaving only foil behind.
The funny thing is that Daddy had tried to give him his travel bowl with some kibble while I was in the wedding store for the final fitting.

 ( He is not allowed to come into THAT store.)(the dress is a surprise)

Daddy was concerned that his growing baby Rocket was not eating to well today.
Well NO WONDER ----he had just consumed an entire sandwich, and probably within 2 to 3 minutes flat.

I found myself feeling sad - our baby Rocket had grown to a young dog and was no longer a puppy, he eats big boy sandwiches now.  Just this morning he was still a baby puppy.  lol
I will be sure to keep you posted on the joys of being proud parents of a Boxer pup.
Wedding plans are in full swing even though we have until May 2011.

Tomorrow I will try to share what has taken place so far and what is still on the list.
I will try to introduce my fiance to you by describing him and what makes him such a special person.

Honeymoon destinations are also being worked on. We just might ask for some input on that one.

ta ta for now talk again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Not only did you get the coach's approval, you knocked her sox off!

    ReplyDelete